Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Gina K Question

Someone asked if Gina K makes one stamp set at a time. No, it's two, and yes, it's a ton of work for her to make them. Makes each and every stamp set even more special, huh?! Now, when she has a big release, they have a ton of them made off site, but they still mount them to the cushy sticky backing, (I have a way with words, huh, lol)and they do the packaging. I am awed and amazed at how hard Gina K and her staff work to bring all of us stampin addicts high quality stamps!!

More deets about the process:
~it takes about 6 minutes for the stamps to cook
~you have to hand pump the vulcanizer to about 500 pounds of pressure for the
cookin, Gina's gotta have some serious biceps!!
~the vulcanizer heats up super hot to cook the stamps, so Gina has to wear oven
mitts to pull them out
~The rubber is placed on a magnesium die plate, this gives the hightest quality
stamp, deeply etched

The pic below is a side by side comparison of the improvements Gina has made to her stamps...you can't see it too well in the pic, but her stamps now (on the left) are much more deeply etched!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think I want to move to Madison and work for Gina K...........

Lee said...

OH very coool!! She's such a talented lady and I'm so glad we discovered her! LOL Yeah, like WE discovered her! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! ;)

Christi Flores said...

How cool! I hope one day I can come to her store and meet her face to face. :)

Charlene Austin said...

It's mind boggling that they do that themselves. I would have been in awe watching the process.

thinker said...

oh my... thanks for writing about the process of making these stamps. Very intriguing!!

kerianne said...

Count starts after this comment!

Sue D said...

Thanks for all the pics and descriptions of how Gina makes stamps. I found it very interesting--sounds like you had a fun field trip!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Very cool trip!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Very cool trip!